Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Time is Running Out

Wow, the wedding is only four days away! This time has gone so fast. I went in today to get a fresh coat of color on my hair and have a dry run of my hairdo for Saturday. I like it! We went a little lighter on the color and I feel like it is a better look without a couple of weeks for it to soften.

My DD and her hubby are having a heck of a time buying a house. They have put bids in on three of them but ended up having their bids rejected. They are still trying to reach a satisfactory compromise on the latest house. This one is at least in move in condition. DD says it really only requires some new paint on some of the walls and the rest can wait until much later. I hope they get this one. It is right across the street from the elementary school the children will attend in a few years. It's also near a park which is wonderful as they need a place to go while my son-in-law sleeps during the day (he works nights). So, keep your fingers crossed...please?

My little sister in Seabrook, Texas is back at her home now. What a mess! They didn't get the food out of their fridge before they left. They had to go searching for some bleach but the grocery stores (no power so the stores are operating on generators). Finally, some was found at Walgreens and they were able to get their fridge cleaned and re-stocked. For some reason my sister has power at her house. They just don't have phone service. Thank goodness for cell phones! It looks as though they will probably have to have their wallboards replaced as well as their furniture, drapes, and carpeting. She says it all so depressing; the neighborhood is full of debris from the flooding. The most predominant sound is that of chainsaws as people try to cut up the trees that were downed by Ike.

I want to know how my DS and his wife-to-be are staying so calm. When you call to ask a question they don't get upset or anything! I asked if he was nervous; he said, "No, not at all. I am just so ready for this." Amazing! The adorable, funny little boy that I think of sometimes has grown into a wonderful young man. One thing that has stayed the same is his very dry sense of humor. I usually realize he has made a joke about something after it is long past. There is an old saying that goes "A daughter is a daughter all of her life; but a son is a son until he takes a wife." There is some truth in that. You are no longer the most important woman in their lives. Of course, that's the way it SHOULD be! But, it is a really strange feeling for a mother when that youngest one takes the big step.

Okay, I'm done rambling for tonight. Sleep well, all! I may not return until next week.

TTFN
Ginny

No comments: