Saturday, September 13, 2008

Grandchildren and Bachelorette Party

Well, the two youngest grandchildren have arrived. Boy, have they arrived! Ashley and Danny are so cute, but also very active. When they first got here Danny ran away from me but then turned around and ran right into my arms with his big blue eyes twinkling. Ashley has been singing songs for me; her favorite song is Old MacDonald Had a Farm. Because we live on a farm she has developed a fascination with cows. I have tried to get her to sing it as Grandpa Miller has a farm. Too cute!

My DD is out tonight with my DIL-to-be for her bachelorette party. It has been so long since she has been "out" without the children. DIL-to-be and the rest of the girls stopped out here to pick her up. They were already having fun. DIL's mother is the designated driver so the girls don't have to worry about partying too much. Babysitting the children is easy, they are asleep!

DH made about 30 quarts of tomato juice today. He has a glass every morning at breakfast and usually has enough to last until next fall. I don't care for tomato juice, oh well. Have I mentioned that he does pickles, too? He makes the best homemade pickles in the world. I have tried a lot of people's pickles but I really only like his, for homemade anyway.

It has been rainy here today; warm and humid. The temp got above 70F today so it felt really muggy. The humidity is supposed to drop on Monday; I sure hope so!

By the way, I spoke with my nephew in Texas this morning and they were safe in the place they evacuated to. I think that their house is flooded though. Thank God they are all safe. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes when they get home!

Okay, I'm done rambling for tonight.

TTFN,
Ginny

No comments: