Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wee Hours Ruminations

What on earth am I doing up at 3 in the morning? Beats me! Can't sleep, again. I was just sitting here and looking at the wedding photos posted on my DS and DIL's website and reliving their wonderful day. It has been a very strange week with babysitting and then DD and the children coming to our house for an extended visit. Things are certainly different around here. I think it is a little much for my mom at times. She escaped to the city with my sister today for a little grownup time. My DH seems oblivious to the chaos, bless his heart. Thank goodness he doesn't mind as they really didn't have any place else to go. They will be making a trip back to
Chicago about once a week to visit my SIL.

The house is way too quiet right now. I turned off the television and the only sound I hear is pretty much no sound at all. Wait, I do hear the ticking of the clock on the wall. Not that it is keeping the correct time or anything, but DH can't let go of it. The longest it has kept the correct time lately is for about 5 hours. I hate to think of all the batteries we have gone through.

I have been in a funk lately. It is a struggle to even get dressed each day. Maybe I am missing work? Nah, I don't think so; but I do think I need to set a purpose for each day. I have so many things I want to do, and no motivation to get going on any of them. DH and I have been talking about the things I want to get accomplished here at home. I want to get my craft room sorted out, get rid of the excess furniture in there and set it up to be a really usable space. I also want to get the wall and ceiling of our bedroom repaired, new paint in there, and redecorate. So far though, not much of anything is happening because I can't get going.

DD and SIL closed on their old house Friday. That means everything should be go for the closing on the new house in a few weeks. It is nice that most of the worry about all that is taken care of. Now they just have to focus on moving into the new place. Yahoo!

If I repeat myself occasionally from one post to another, I hope you'll forgive me. When I named this blog "Ramblings" I really meant it. I would have to go back and re-read every post each time to make sure I wasn't repeating. LOL! Maybe that is why so few people come here to check out the blog? Who knows?

Maybe tomorrow I'll make more sense...or not!

TTFN
Ginny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your funk could be seasonal, you know. Back in the day when I was stuck at Menards, I'd get the same feeling as winter crept in; sounds cheesy, but a full-spectrum bulb and a $5 clamp-lite situated next to my chair seemed to brighten me up quite a lot. Even artificial sunlight can perk a person up during the long winter months.

Otherwise be sure to play some of your favorite upbeat music while you hang around the house - rhythm always gets my creative juices flowing and spurs me to work when I'm feeling blase.

Finally, the word 'blase' looks rather dumb without that fun little accent-mark over the 'e'. Ah well.

Love,
-Mikey