Sunday, October 12, 2008

Somehow We Made It

Somehow we made it through the funeral yesterday. I have to admire my sister-in-law. She was a rock through everything; in fact, she spent a lot of time comforting others. The ceremony was special and everyone was very touched when Bob's niece and brother-in-law played a violin solo. Bob was very well thought of in his city and touched the lives of so many people. I am feeling strange because I have been so close to tears, but unable to cry.

After the funeral I drove down to my oldest son's place to spend a few days. We went to my son's MIL's place for lunch and then the girls (DIL, her mom, and her sister) and I worked on digital scrapbooking. I love introducing others to the joys of digital. They loved it! We are going to try to meet every month or so and work together. I guess maybe we have a club. Wonder what we should name it? What about "Family Scrappers"? I kind of like that one.

Tomorrow I am going to my DD's place and play with the little ones while she tries to get more packing done. I love playing with the little ones. They are growing so fast! My only GS (grandson of course) is going to be a dinosaur for Halloween. DD sent me a video message of him in his adorable costume. I can't imagine a costume that would suit him more. The video shows him running around the room with his big tail swinging back and forth. Looks just like a baby dino playing. It was so CUTE!!

I find myself feeling a little jealous. DS and DIL have the ability to download unlimited amounts of "stuff". I am grabbing digital scrapbooking freebies like crazy. I have to limit myself very carefully at home so I don't go over my alloted 12,000 mb's in any given 30 day period. It is tempting to upgrade my service with the satellite company but DH would have a fit! LOL

Well, I guess I had better get to bed and rest up for my day with the little ones tomorrow. They sure can wear a body out! But it is so much fun I love it anyway.

TTFN
Ginny

PS: I forgot to mention something. Last February we went on a cruise in the Caribbean. I won $250 playing bingo and used it to buy a very pretty tanzanite necklace. When I was so sick in June I remember taking it off and putting it on the table next to the recliner. For several months I couldn't find it and I just knew it was gone. I figured it fell off into the little waste basket and burned or maybe vacuumed up. That made me feel sick all over again. Well, yesterday I was looking for a necklace to wear to the funeral. I decided to wear my diamond circle that DH gave me for Christmas but couldn't get it fastened due to arthritis in my fingers. I went looking in my necklace case for one with the magnetic closure and pulled the only one I could see out of the case. It was my Tanzanite!!! It isn't gone!!! Now, when we girls go on our cruise I can spend the money I had saved to replace it on earrings to match! Unreal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. 'Family Scrappers' sounds a bit like a club for people that like to pick bar fights.

..I like it.

Love,
-Mikey