Sunday, October 5, 2008

Post-Wedding Blues

Okay, I admit it. I have post-wedding blues. It has been a week since my DS got married and I still want to talk about it but everyone else has moved on. I stll want to revel in the beauty and sacredness of it all. I still want to re-live every detail and how wonderful it was. How do you get past this when your last one is married and you know it will be a LONG time until the next wedding in your immediate family? (I am thinking grandchildren and my oldest isn't even 8 yet!)

I went to another family wedding yesterday. It was my husband's step-niece whom we love very much. We were very honored to be invited as they had to keep their guest list small and they chose to include us. The couple had chosen to get married outside in a local state park. Yesterday was the most gorgeous day we will probably have this fall. Warm enough for the wedding party to be comfortable in their strapless dresses (only the girls, only the girls, LOL). The sun shone warmly and there was no wind. It would have been perfect if we had been able to get there in time for the ceremony. Talk about a comedy of errors. In order to get to the park we decided to ride the free ferry across the river instead of going around the long way. Because of the perfect day the lines for the ferry were long. We didn't get on until the third trip which was making us miss the 3 pm ceremony. When we finally got across we didn't have too far to go to reach the short way to the ceremony site. Would have been wonderful and we actually could have made the ceremony because they started quite late. But, of course, it didn't work out that way. Nope, that would have been too easy. When we got to the turn off for the road into the park, it was on a section of road that was being repaved, on a Saturday. We wanted to turn on the road anyway but they made us go around the park and enter from the other side. We did miss the ceremony, but they were still taking photos when we got there. Oh, well. The dinner was wonderful but we didn't stay for the dance. DH had to get up early to milk cows and I was getting a headache. But the bride and groom were so happy and I am glad we went.

The blisters from the other day are still killing me. I sure hope they don't get infected! I really have learned a lesson that I should have already known.

I am looking forward to DS and new DIL getting back from their honeymoon and sharing their photos of it!

Let's see, what is coming up? Next weekend I am going down to Illinois to visit my oldest son and family and maybe even DD. Then it is only a little over a month until my mom, my sisters and I go on our "girls" cruise to Cozumel. I am looking forward to that!

Okay, rambling over for today. I am going to rest my feet for a while and do some laundry. Y'all have a great day!

TTFN
Ginny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ma,

Anytime you want to talk about how wonderful the wedding was, just give me a call. I'm still re-living every moment of that day! Best day of my entire life!

Love,

Dom (new DIL)