Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quick Update

My mom had her last cataract surgery today and things went really well! Yea! She can't even use her old glasses anymore...she sees better without them. Woohoo!

DH took me up to our "new" hunting cabin on our upper farm. Very interesting! The guys were given an old mobile home and they pulled it up on top of the hill. We sat there for an hour or so and saw two deer! With some work it could be a nice little get-away spot. They found DD's old futon and stuck that up there for a sofa/bed. They also pulled my in-laws old table, complete with two benches and two chairs and stuck them in the kitchen. A generator was moved up there, along with a barrel on the roof for water. Interesting!

Still scraping paint in the craft room and DH is still working on the electric. I really need more outlets up there. Let's see, there is the sewing machine, two undershelf lights, a light box, an embossing gun and all the computer gear. Currently there just aren't enough outlets to go around and I am tired of the inadequate extension cord.

I am getting excited to have the older granddaughters here next month. I have already been working on some fun things for us do. I think I will put together some kind of puzzle/activity packets for times when they may get bored. If anyone has ideas for ways to entertain them I would be more than happy to hear them.

Oh great! We are under a tornado watch now. That means not a lot of sleep until it is over. I don't feel comfortable if the whole house is sleeping. Who will know if we are in danger? So...I stay up. I hope it doesn't last too long!

Okay, I'm done rambling for the night!
TTFN
Ginny

No comments: