Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time Flies!

I cannot believe that it is Sunday already! Friday I drove down to DS's house for Trick or Treat night. What fun! It was so neat to see all four of my GB's in their costumes. I will try to put together another photobook and post it here so you can see how adorable they all looked. Caylie, the eldest was Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. Her younger sister, Emma, was Princess Leiea (sp?) from Star Wars. Ashley, the two year old just had to be a "cow, Gamma" and her little brother was a dinosaur. Of course, my job was to hand out treats to the other children while DS, DIL, and DD took them around to get their treats. Would you believe I only had 6 children!?! They were gone over an hour but it was pretty early. Most people probably weren't home from work and many don't let their children go without them. I say hurrah! Good parents one and all!

Things have certainly been chaotic again since the little ones came back on Saturday. They are really starting to show the stress of being "homeless" and moving around from our house to their uncles'. I know they miss their daddy and the routine that my DD had going before the move started. We are all more than a little crabby sometimes; young and old!

DS the younger and his wife came out today for a short visit and a great afternoon meal. My mom made her brisket with coleslaw, potato salad and beans. Yummy! When she decided to make it last month for a potluck we had to go online to order her required marinade, Claude's Brisket Marinade. I don't know if any of you have ever had it, but it renders brisket utterly delectable. You marinade the meat several hours or overnite and then cook it long and slow. The result is tender meat that is so moist and flavorful...yum!!! Sorry, I don't get it very often and it had been a couple of years this time since I had it.

DS hooked up my new dvd/vhs player for us. We haven't had a working dvd player for months and it is really frustrating when all my newer movies are in that format. In fact you really can't even buy vhs movies around here any more. I haven't watched one yet, but it is nice to know that I can if I want to. the player also replaces our very old vhs player which was on it's last leg. I like it because it takes up less space and we no longer have to juggle electronic devices on our rather small cabinet. My son is so kind to help with all the "techincal" stuff around here. Give my husband an engine and he can make it go. But put something like a computer in front of him and...! LOL. Thanks, Mikey!

I hate the time change, even if this was the "fall back" part. Everyone is feeling just a little discombobulated. Don't you love that word? It is as much fun to write as it is to say.

Last night I discovered a website for downloading embroidery patterns for my new machine. I was like a child in a candy store. To buy a card of designs for the machine can cost up to a hundred dollars for a dozen or so designs. I paid $5 for a 3 week membership to this site and downloaded a ton of designs. I can't wait to use them and make something for the little ones. Or the big ones, there were designs for just about everything. I am going back again to look for more things before my time is up. I also stopped a shop yesterday on my way home from Illinois and found a couple of cards for my machine that were on clearance. Fun!

Ah, well. Time to settle down for the night.

TTFN
Ginny

No comments: