Saturday, November 15, 2008

Better!

I am so happy to be able to say I am feeling somewhat better now! Our cruise is less than a week away and I have finally started to think about what I am packing. JC Penney's was having a great clearance sale and I picked up a couple of nice blouses for the cruise. The tops I have been taking are starting to look a little pilly (is that even a word?) and worn. I usually take a pair of black slacks and switch out tops for a different look. And I will take a nice dress for the formal night. During the day I stay with athletic style cropped pants and tops. They are easy to wear, look okay and are very comfy.

I am still working on my bedroom. Today I went through my unmentionables drawers (they are small drawers) and it is amazing how many pairs of socks I have collected over the years. There are at least thirty pairs too many and I am sending them off to St. Vincent's; along with a bunch of other things I don't need. Why do we hang on to things that we don't need or even want? If you look in the dictionary under clutter you will find a photo of me...I swear! It has been my downfall forever. In fact, it is the second most often thing DH and argue about. I don't think I was born with the gene that enables domestic ability. Is there a pill for that?

Last night I had the best night's sleep of the last week. I was in bed by 10:30 and asleep by 11:00. It was 9:00 before I even woke up this morning. That was probably the reason I felt perkier today. I met my mom and sister in Madison for lunch before I went shopping. Over all a very nice day. Sis is spending the night here tonight and we watched an interesting movie. It was "Ladies in Lavender" with Dame Judith Dench and Maggie Smith. They played elderly sisters who live together. One of them was married but is now a widow and the other never had a relationship of any kind. They find a young man washed up on the beach by their house and nurse him back to health. He turns out to be an extraordinarily talented violin player who fell off a ship and managed to swim to shore. The spinster sister falls in love with him, (I know, weird), but he meets a younger woman who gets him in touch with her brother, a famous conductor and violinist himself. He goes off with her and breaks the heart of the sister. Interesting, no?

Is this upbeat enough? I sure hope so, because I am trying really, really hard. My only complaint, (hey, I am not being down, just complaining a little), is my arthritis has kicked in hard during this colder weather. Did I mention that fall seems to be over? Today was cold and WINDY! A few areas around here even got a few flakes of snow. But, hey, the Badgers won Paul Bunyon's Axe again! That was a wild game! Okay, enough for now!

TTFN
Ginny

No comments: