Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update on Mom



Mom is doing better! She's getting around much better and is no longer swelling so much. They put a full cast on her yesterday so it has stabilized everything so she feels a little more secure. Posted here is a photo I took after we came back from see the orthopedic surgeon. She looks much more comfortable now!

I am still enjoying the craft room and have even started working on the sewing projects for decorating it. Several hours have been spent over the last few days on making "prairie points". They are the decoration on the machine cover etc. and involve cutting 3" squares and folding twice to get smaller triangles. I have over 70 of them ready to go. My plans are to make the sewing machine cover, an organizer, pillow cover for the chair and valances for the windows and all will have the "points" on them.

On Monday of this week DD and her two littles ones arrived for a very short visit. Whew! If only we find a way to bottle the energy of toddlers so we could dose ourselves with it, someone would be a gazillionaire. LOL! Also posted here is a photo of the babes with their beautiful mom spending some time together. Little granddaughter stayed with me while her mom went to get her hair done, (she took the little man with her...thank goodness). She was pretending to use my PC while I was working on my "points". I was using the iron on the burst of steam setting with my back to her. As I let loose a burst of the steam she politely said, "Excuse you, Grandma! At first I didn't understand why she was excusing me; then it hit me that she thought the steam was me sneezing. What a character she is! I had to show her the steam before she would believe that it wasn't me.

TTFN
Ginny

No comments: