Saturday, March 14, 2009


It has been 5 days since I cried!!! I know some people would say "big deal", but for me it is a milestone. This is the first time I have gone more than 2 days without several major episodes in a day. It gives me such hope that maybe things have taken another jump upward and that I will feel like "myself" soon. I am so thankful for my psychiatrist and my therapist. They have been so supportive and helped me get this far; and it IS a long way that I have come!

DD and the little ones have been here for two days. It is easy to see why she is always so tired because they are ACTIVE! Danny, who will be two on May 28th, is a character. When you tell him "NO" he just goes faster to do whatever it is you don't want him to do. His big sister, Ashley (who will be three on May 1st), alternates between being so charming and totally whiny. My dear friend came over for lunch yesterday while I was babysitting the two of them. Ashley really took to Alice and sat on her lap almost the entire time she was here. I have to admit feeling just a little jealous as she doesn't sit on my lap as much as she used to.

I am so naughty! I went to the store today and stocked up on all my favorite ice creams. Hey, when it is buy one, get one free how can I turn it down? My favorite brand is Edy's (here and Dreyer's in other places). I love the Slow Churned versions; especially French Silk. Their Yogurt Blends are also delicious; try the Caramel Praline one, it is so yummy!

There may be an explaination as to why I have felt so bad physically lately. I think I am having a flare-up of my fibromyalgia; which would explain why my muscles are aching and my legs get so tired when I go up the stairs or walk too fast. So, I know that this will pass in a little why. I CAN do this and I WILL!

We had so much fun last night. DS #2, DIL, and DS's best friend were here last night for supper. DD made homemade Chicago style pizza and it was yummy. Then we sat and talked for hours. What a wonderful way to spend the evening. DS's friend is such a funny guy. You never know what he is going to say next. DS said I even got in one really good zinger on him. That made me feel so proud because I usually come out on the short end when it comes to zingers; I get more than I give, always. But it is all in good fun and I love when we all get together. Sometimes we play card games. DS's friend has taught us some doozies; my favorite being Mao. It is a wild game where the winner of each hand gets to add a rule to the basic ones. One of the basic rules is no talking during play unless you are giving a rule or calling someone who has broken a rule. That can be so funny when you have someone who can't play card without talking. My DH's brother was playing with us a Christmas party several years ago. Everytime he would talk, DS's friend would say "talking" and give him another card. Brother would start protesting whereupon he would get another "talking" and another card. Well, after about 10 cards I thought he was going to have a heart attack because he just didn't understand why he kept getting them. It really was funny...but I guess you had to be there! LOL.

Okay, gonna go take my meds and go to bed. The little ones get up early and DD wants to get on the road fairly early tomorrow. She has a 150 mile drive and the earlier she leaves the less traffic there is going into Chicago.


No comments: